Wedding Reception Statistics Below are some helpful statistics to help you realize the value of a good Disc Jockey at your wedding reception.
According to the American Disc Jockey Association:
- Disc Jockey rates vary based on talent, experience, emcee ability, service,
coordination, equipment needed, music knowledge, mixing ability and personality.
- Rates for the DJ industry vary greatly, ranging from $450.00 to $3,500.00 with an
average of $1,300.00 for a 5 hour wedding reception booking.
- A full-service disc jockey company will normally invest 12 to 30 hours in planning an
event although it may appear as if a client is only paying for “4 hours”. Consultations,
music purchasing & editing, preparation, set-up and tear-down, education and other
business related endeavors add up to the overall success of a special occasion.
- 72% of today’s brides are using professional mobile DJ entertainers for their
- 63% of the guests attending these functions do not remember what was served for
dinner but do remember the entertainment.
- 4% to 6% is the amount most brides reserve for their entertainment budget.
- The average cost for a mobile entertainer for a wedding is between $500 to $2,000.
The cost is largely dependent upon the experience of a DJ, locale and specific client
- The entertainment chosen for a wedding or party is responsible for 80% of the events’
AFTER THE VOWS…
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by
the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their
priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have
made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had
it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.